There is actually more to this than sliced apples – but it’s great with whipped cream chargers
500g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 250g soft butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 800g apple (canned) for filling
- 100g brown sugar for filling
- cinamon (optional) for filling
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Add brown sugar, butter and egg yolks – rub into flour using your fingertips, until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Put half of pastry mixture into a prepared cake tin.
- Top with apple filling (combine-canned apple with brown sugar and cinnamon).
- Cover with remain pastry mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.